Monday, January 25, 2010

San Francisco


Last night I landed in San Francisco around 9pm local time, (12 am Maine time)! San Francisco was one of the most beautiful cities to fly into at night. The Golden Gate Bridge was all magically lit up! The flights over were fine and relatively quick. Some of us from UNH stayed in a hotel, and it felt great to take a break from flying! We're going to check out around noon, and then spend the next seven hours in the airport. I'm actually excited to fly over because I'm sitting next to one of my roommates from school and we'll have time to catch up! Air New Zealand is the #2 rated airlines in the world, so I'm hoping they'll have yummy food.

I'm already missing home and my family... but I cannot wait to get to New Zealand! I woke up at 6am local time (9am Maine time). It's interesting because the flora is so green here. I guess they've been getting a lot of rain lately, which is why the grass and trees are so vibrant.

I suppose we're going to head over to the airport now, and find some way to kill time. Hopefully I'll find some good food for a reasonable price.. because I've been eating snapea crips and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich that I made back home.. not the best diet!

Until later,
ell :)

Here is a picture of the hotel and the lack of snow:



3 comments:

  1. youre a sly fox erikka lynn! i didnt even see you take these! mwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii erikka, it's bianca ur little cousin. you're sooo lucky. what does AOTEAROA mean???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bianca! :) It's what the natives refer to "New Zealand" as.. you would love it here!

    ReplyDelete