Speaking of locals, everyone is so nice! Some of the people at the pool were asking us where we were from. Then helped us along by yelling, "stroke! stroke! stroke!" They've got an interesting sense of humor.. mostly dry!
We did an hour of shopping too. I bought more adequate hiking boots for our hike this weekend. I also bought a floppy white hat (kids sized). The suncreen here is so expensive! I learned that the UV index is so extreme here because of the lack of pollution. Isn't that ironic? The stores around here close around five too!! Crazy!!
The garden here is so cute! We spend around two hours a week working on it. Currently, there is an excess of zucchini, so maybe I'll make chocolate zucchini cake (thanks Isaac!) They have a bunch of fruit trees! plum, passion fruit, olive, banana, guava...
Dinner was a delicious combination of vegetable or meat quiche, grilled zucchini, potatoes... and for dessert, fresh fruit and ice cream! I swear, everything tastes and smells better in New Zealand!
After dinner, my friends Alexa, Steph, Elise and I went for a bike ride down the road. Every time we go on a bike ride, we are required to wear an orange vest and a helmet. See photo for an accurate visual :) We rode down to a large oyster catcher statue and a playground.
Hey, Glad to hear that you are having a good time. Is there anything you need sent over? Like sunscreen? Let me know what you need and if there is somewhere where you can recieve packages. Love you and have fun.
ReplyDeleteHey Erikka!
ReplyDeleteI just read all of your postings for the first time! Your parents pulled it up for me when I got to your house. Like your dad has been saying, you write so well and everything is really descriptive! I was fun to see a few pictures, too! Keep this up! :) I love you!
-isaac